Yes, we’ve come that far. It’s been a year already. Actually, it’s been a year, 12 days ago (late as always).
Maj turned 1!
I’ve been a dad for a year now. Mind blown (*bomb explosion sound)…
From the day he was born, click, through all eleven reviews (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11), to here. One year. Seems like a long time. It went by way too fast. I can still remember, when we were in the hospital, like it was yesterday. Crazy!
This post is not gonna be a normal monthly review, like all the others until now. I kinda didn’t feel those reviews in the last couple of months, and decided that the 11th was also the last review in that form. Maybe on a yearly basis, or I don’t know. There will be other topics that will replace those reviews, and they will probably be more interesting. It’s ok!
So, let’s go to the main topic I wanted to write about in this post. What changed in this past year?
1. I became a father. Well, doooh… Wait, let me finish. First couple of months, I didn’t have a real “I’m a father” feeling yet. Maybe it didn’t hit me yet, maybe I was overwhelmed, I don’t know. There was this little creature, that was sleeping and crying and I didn’t really know what to do with it. This changed somewhere along the way, dad instincts kicked in, and I became a father for real. It’s really hard to explain actually… Hope it’s easier to understand?
2. Time! Where did all my free time go? Work, coming home, playing with Maj, bathing Maj, taking the dog out and then it’s almost time to go to sleep. I used to spend countless hours behind my laptop. I don’t have that luxury anymore.
3. I don’t need time for luxury, I just want more time with Maj, Tjasa and Louie. Ok, maybe a little more time for blogging too…
4. We moved to our house and we got married. It was a busy year…
I could go on and in details with what changed forever, but that will be more of a topic in second part of “being a dad“, which is coming. Not sure when, but it is.
I’m getting a feeling that this is gonna be a long post. Let’s skip to Maj’s birthday.
We had two birthday parties. One was on Maj’s birthday, during the week, in family circle. That means us, grandparents, Maj’s uncle and great grandmother. We found out that grandparents think alike, because they came with the same gift. I made spare ribs for the first time, and they were pretty good (totally irrelevant, I know).
The second party was on Sunday, with more people invited. Tjasa ordered a lot of Batman decorations from AliExpress. They came two days after the party… We (Tjasa mostly) improvised and made some decorations by ourselves (still Batman themed), and got a Batman cake (you can seek it on my Instagram). It turned out pretty cool. Too bad Maj won’t remember it. We took a lot of pictures of everything, so that he will see, how cool of a birthday he had. We were left with a lot of Batman decorations, so guess what next years birthday party theme will be?
Oh yeah, Maj says thanks for all the gifts!
Statistic data after 1 year (Tjasa’s idea):
- Weight: 9.5Kg
- Height: 76cm
- Teeth: Not really (one is slightly looking out)
- Hair: A lot (he’s fabulous!)
- Moving abilities: still on all fours, can walk if holding on to something
- Talking abilities: Mama and some words he sometimes says by mistake probably
- Stubbornness: Relatively low to relatively high (it depends)
- Best friend: Louie (feelings are not mutual yet)
- Driving skills: Only knows how to go reverse on his three wheeled balance bike
What else to write? We got married, but I made a post about it already. When we get all the photos, I might post some here. What we saw until now looks great!
Tjasa started working again! I can’t even imagine how it feels to be home for more than a year, and then going back to work. I cried each time, holidays were over, when I was in school. Still feel like crying some days…
Tjasa working means, that Maj is with grandma (well actually, grandmas) for majority of the day. We had that option, and it was a better choice then kindergarten, in my opinion. Plus, we’ll save a ton of money. I was also at grandmas for I don’t know how long and I turned out just fine.
I think I’m slowly gonna bring this post to the end. Just some final thoughts.
Last year changed our lives a lot. It was hard at times, it was stressful, but it was, without a doubt, the best year of my life. Becoming a father, husband and a house owner. It would be hard to put more “life defying” moments in such a short period of a time. But we did and lived happily ever after. That’s the plan at least.
So yeah, bring out year 2! Continue reading us, following, giving love (that means likes) in “season 2”.
Babies age: 1 year, 12 days
Side note #1: Just out of curiosity, are you gonna miss reviews?
Side note #2: It’s almost November, which means December is around the corner. Are you already planing your New Years? It’s gonna be the first time after couple of years, that we’ll be free from 30.12. to 1.1. I’m trying to persuade Tjasa to go to Prague. Wish me luck.
Sid note #3: My wife just made the best pumpkin soup ever! See it tomorrow on the vlog.